Naked Cosmetics, Informercial as Marketing

A couple of months ago, I was contacted by a vivacious young woman who was a producer for a TV show. She just loved my products and thought we were perfect for her show! How Thrilling!

Of course, after a bit of probing and confusion, I realized that she was selling me something. Her company would produce, edit and air an informercial on my products and in exchange I would pay them money and hopefully reap the rewards. I decided to pass, primarily because our company does not have a finished retail product (we sell bulk ingredients, not finished cosmetics). Another reason I passed was because I had heard stories, some good and some bad, about the value of such investments.

Here we are a couple of months later and I just saw an informercial for mineral makeup which I believe was produced by the very same company I said "no" to. I think the video is interesting, the product being promoted (Naked Cosmetics) intriguing and I think it will probably prove to have been a good investment for the ladies behind the makeup. If you are in the business of making a retail cosmetic and are thinking about ways in which you can market yourselves, I strongly suggest that you take some time to study what the ladies at Naked Cosmetics are up to.

First the hyperlinks:

The Naked Minerals Infomercial.
This is really interesting to me because of what she says, hows she differentiates her product from others, and the fact that she (Marlene) is not a "movie star" type, just an average lady who seems very much like many of my customers.

The Naked Minerals Website.
You can also see the video at this site, and also learn more about the company.

ITV -- this is the organization which produced the videos. To learn more about what they offer specifically, watch the video on the Unique Business Opportunity with Donald Barret.

Let me close by saying that to my knowledge, TKB has no affiliation with any of these companies. I just happened to be watching TV on a Sunday afternoon and caught the tail end of the video. I immediately wanted to pass it on to you, because I thought you would find it interesting. I don't necessarily agree with anything the people are saying, I have no idea if ITV is a good outfit or not, I've never touched the Naked Cosmetics product, etc. etc.

Just lettin' ya know about it. Enjoy!

Kaila Westerman

If you are interested in starting your own mineral makeup company, consider visiting our website at www.tkbtrading.com for your supplies!

Popular posts from this blog

Increase Lip Gloss wear-resistance with new Citrine Clear Wax

About Sunflower wax and Rice Bran wax

Hey Dr. Oz, how about Fruit and Flower Pigments in Cosmetics?