TKB's Big Pour, the quick recap

I'm not going to say our "Big Pour" event was particularly easy to host -- it was a huge distraction from our usual daily routine and I've got lots of catching up to do.

I'm also not going to boast that it was a lucrative & smart business move -- prices were pretty low and in some cases flat out loss leaders. Next time around I'll need to shop smarter.

What I am going to say is that after 12 years of standing toe-to-toe 50 hours a week pulling, packing, and generally running an online business with no public face, Van and I got to see 100 folks walk into our warehouse with smiles on their faces and stories to tell. It was a juicy, most welcome buzz.

We're doing it again, for sure. First Saturday in November.

I'll blog more on what we learned from this event. I've got lots of thoughts about how we can continue to connect with local people in a way which energizes all of us to be more successful and creative.

For now, I get an afternoon of relaxing. Maybe a hot chocolate in my future?

Comments

Arte Quotidiano said…
It was an awesome event. Thank you for having us. This was my very first soap shopping event (and brand new to soap making). I made my first batch last night, and 2nd batch just now. Was just wondering what to do once I run out of supplies, but now knowing you will host another event, I will set my soap making full speed ahead.
ooh ooh I feel like an enabler. : ) See you in Nov!
Kaila! I'm so so so excited for you! What a fantastic event this was. 100 people too -- that's awesome. I know it's just the beginning, and I know that November event will be even better. I wish I was in the Bay Area to join you. Maybe someday in the future! Thank you for doing this. It's so inspiring and I bet lots of people in other areas of the country will take proactive steps like you! Thanks for doing this!
Congrats Kaila! if I lived closer I'd have been there for sure! I still remember the fun of making sop with you in your kitchen... glad it was a success- it's very gratifying to work face to face with people. It's one of the things I enjoy most about my job.
Stacy said…
I hope you do it again in December!
Lynda said…
I sure wish I didn't live clear on the other side of the US I would have been there for sure.
Glad you had a great successful event. Hope for many more.

Popular posts from this blog

Increase Lip Gloss wear-resistance with new Citrine Clear Wax

About Sunflower wax and Rice Bran wax

Hey Dr. Oz, how about Fruit and Flower Pigments in Cosmetics?